Ellen had an amazing ride at National Championships in Reno, Nevada, on Sunday. In her first Elite Women’s Nationals, she placed second behind 14-time National Champion Katie Compton.
“Nationals weekend really delivered, yet again, as one of the best race weekends of the year!” she says. “Being able to stand on the Elite podium in my first year as an elite was such an amazing feeling.”
“Racing in a tight race with Compton made it even sweeter. It’s been a year filled with highs and lows in terms of results, and to be able to finally feel like I have some control over my training and results feels like I’m starting to get back on track,” she explains. “Having it be the final race in the US for this season with the team made it so much sweeter. I can’t wait for the final two races of the season.”
Aspire Racing teammate Spencer Petrov finished fifth in the U23 field this Sunday. Jeremy Powers finished second in the elite men’s field.
Next up, the team heads to Europe for the last World Cup in Hoogerheide, followed by World Championships in Valkenburg.
Read about the races here:
- CXMagazine.com: Faces of CX Photo Gallery
- Easthampton Gazette: Easthampton’s Stephen Hyde wins 2nd straight cyclocross national championship
- CXMagazine.com: Full Nationals Coverage
- CXMagazine.com: Video Highlights
- CXMagazine.com: Ellen Noble Interview
- CXMagazine.com: Elite Women Report
- Bicycling: 8 Things to Know About Cyclocross National Championships
- VeloNews: CX Nationals: Noble overcame dieting problems in 2017
- FloBikes: Holeshot Heroes And Two Person Duels Defined U.S. CX Nationals
- CyclingTips: Photo Gallery
- CXMagazine: U23 Race Report
- CXMagazine: Jeremy Powers Interview
- Cycling Tips: Jeremy Powers Interview
- VeloNews: Worlds Selection
- CXMagazine: Elite Men’s Report