Ellen had an amazing last weekend of racing in Iowa City. After a long series of races in the US, from Madison to Las Vegas to Iowa City with five UCI races including two World Cups, the Aspire team is finally on their way home. The races were a smashing success for new team member Ellen Noble, who took home two second places in Madison, eighth in Las Vegas at the World Cup, fifth at the Jingle Cross World Cup, and second on Sunday in Iowa. The great results cemented her standing as the first wearer of the U23 Women’s World Cup Leaders jersey, which marks great strides in women’s cycling.
The World Cup in Iowa City was technical, muddy and fast, and Ellen found her way into the lead group, sitting in the top ten the entire race and finishing in fifth as one of the top Americans, the first U23 racer across the line, and showing that she’s one of the strongest women racers in the US right now.
“Fifth place today at the Iowa City World Cup!” she said. “It still hasn’t totally set in but I’m so happy! Trusting the process; learning every day; and always hungry!”
The second day of racing saw Katarina Nash take an early lead, but she dueled with Ellen for the first laps before finally pulling away. The women’s field was just as stacked as it was for the world cup the day before, but Ellen still slotted into second position and fended off former Olympian Eva Lechner to hold her spot and roll in for second with time to celebrate.
“I gave it everything I had today and ended up 2nd at Jingle Cross,” she wrote. “Five races over the course of eight days has been exhausting and challenging … to say the least. But it’s also been amazing, confidence-inspiring and actually very fun. Thank you to my team for making a logistically complicated week so smooth. Thank you to everyone who has been so kind during this past week. Your positivity kept me rolling!! And thank you to everyone who played a part in making an awesome week of World-class racing in the States!”
Read more here:
- CyclingNews.com: Jingle Cross World Cup Elite Men’s Results
- CyclingNews.com: Jingle Cross World Cup Elite Women’s Results
- VeloNews: Jingle Cross Elite Men’s Race Report
- CXMagazine.com: Jingle Cross World Cup Elite Men’s Results
- CXMagazine.com: Jingle Cross C1 Men’s Results
- CXMagazine.com: Jingle Cross C1 Women’s Results and Report
- Canadian Cycling Magazine: Jingle Cross Spotlight
- The Gazette: Your Weekend Guide to Jingle Cross
- Press Citizen: World Cup Comes to Iowa
- Daily Iowan: Jingle Cross is One Hill of a Ride