Last Wednesday, under the bright lights of Las Vegas, Ellen took an eighth place finish and the U23 jersey at Cross Vegas. The racing was fast and the women’s field was stacked, with Sophie DeBoers taking the women’s win.
Ellen started strong and remained consistent throughout the race, eventually riding her way to the first-ever U23 Leader’s Jersey. “So excited to check off two season goals in the first World Cup round and be in the first-ever U23 World Cup Leaders jersey heading into Iowa this weekend!” she said.
In the Elite Men’s field, Jeremy took home 18th as the first American in the race.
Read more about the race here:
- VeloNews: Cross Vegas: Crash can’t stop dominant Van Aert
- CyclingNews: Van Aert opens World Cup account with CrossVegas win
- Cycling News: De Boer wins CrossVegas World Cup
- CXMagazine: 2016 ClifBar CrossVegas World Cup Women’s Results
- CXMagazine: 2016 ClifBar CrossVegas World Cup Men’s Results
- Canadian Cycling Magazine: De Boer and van Aert victorious at CrossVegas
- VeloNews: DeBoer Wins at Cross Vegas
- 3News Las Vegas: Cross Vegas at Desert Breeze Park